CAPS is available on demand 24/7 and 365 days/year to support students experiencing a mental health crisis.
- Call the CAPS phone number 401-863-3476 (also listed on the back of your Brown ID).
- During regular work hours, either call or walk into CAPS to be seen urgently.
- Overnights, weekends and holidays, call CAPS and follow the prompts to access the on call counselor
If you are facing a life-threatening medical or mental health emergency:
- If on campus, call Brown EMS at 401-863-4111 or the Department of Public Safety (DPS) at 401-863-4111 - they are equipped to respond immediately.
- If off campus, call 911.
Sexual Assault Response Resources, available 24/7:
- Call the Brown Sexual Assault Response Line at 401-863-6000, available 24/7, for confidential crisis support and information.